2018 Cosplay Plans!

12:21 am HelenLJohnson 0 Comments

It is that time again when cosplay plans are set into motion for 2018! If you have read my 2017 plans you would have seen that I wasn't necessarily over ambitious, however like any cosplayer, my list of cosplays 'to-dos' grows after watching movies or playing another game. Will we every finish those lists? Probably not! So for 2018, I'm really stripping it back focusing on two new cosplays, so I can enjoy making them and save time for my research, travel and hopefully some gaming!

Cosplays 2018


In 2018, I really want to finish Aloy. So far I have her wig completed and some materials to make the necklaces and skirt embroidery. The aim is to have a post fight Aloy (of course, the 'post battle' style I think is my personal touch to most costumes!) so will have a little bit of dirt and a little bit of blood; but not to the extent of my Laras. I also want to have a complete set of weapons and hopefully a few trinkets from the world. Lots of work, but combines everything I have learnt with cosplay so far so is a real challenge to put everything together. To be honest, if I just get Aloy done in 2018 , I would be very happy.   


In addition to Aloy, a kind of bonus cosplay is Rachel from Bladerunner. If I don't get time to make her, that is totally fine. However I feel I want a good sewing challenge, and not one I can cover with blood! Rachel is my sewing project. Bladerunner is one of my favourite films, one I had to write about in my media studies A-level! So to do a cosplay from the film is a bit of a personal achievement. 

As for Lara, as yet, I am not planning on making any Laras in 2018 unless some details come out for Shadow. Depending on which cons I go to,  I may bring Rise Lara (Syria and Siberia) back out again and improve it. Hopefully maybe do a shoot with it.

Conventions 2018 
  
Here is the awkward thing, as of yet no conventions are planned for 2018. Liverpool MCM has been cancelled and I am watching the Harry Potter stage show over the weekend that Manchester MCM is on. Only Play Expo is a certain, and that is one day. Because of this, I am hoping I'll get to go London MCM in October. It has been a long time since I have done a London con! Anyway, we'll see and I'll update plans on my social media as and when.

So what are your cosplay and convention plans for 2018? Let me know below or tweet me @lady_scion! 

0 comments :